Physical activities particularly sports would have numbers of physical health benefits such as bone health, improved muscular and cardio respiratory fitness, coronary health and also increased in life expectancy. Sports might as well prevent from different types of cancer as well as weight gain and would have positive effects into the mental health through reducing the depression and also improving cognitive function.
Does playing sports affect health?
Sports could help in terms of promoting long term weight loss as well as helps in avoiding weight gain. Sports might increase metabolic rates and could also help in increasing lean body mass at the same time burning calories and getting rid of the excess fat. There might as well be variations with regards to the amount of physical activity needed with regards to caloric intake and body type, sports could also help a certain individual maintain healthy weight. Those high intensity sports could help people who are aiming to lose weight or those that are maintaining a certain amount of weight loss.
Sports could help individuals of all ages to maintain as well as improve the health of the lungs, heart and blood vessels. Physical activity could definitely reduce the risk of stroke and coronary disease. Sports could help with all the physical issues therefore decreasing the risk of the coronary disease.
Bone and Muscle Health
Once you grow older, physical activity is definitely important for the health of the bones, joints and muscles. Building bone, joint and muscle strength is indeed important for the children.
Sports could decrease the risk of colon cancer and could also decrease the risk of breast cancer. It could also decrease the risk of lung and endometrial cancer.
Sports might be considered as form of mental therapy for individuals with psychological depression and disorders. Sports could promote self-esteem within a form of positive perception of the body image as well as self-worth. Through participating in sports along with others, people could as well enter in the positive social environments in order to promote the psychological health. Physical activity might as well decrease the risk of cognitive decline which comes along with aging and could reduce anxiety for adolescents.
Importance of Sports to Health
- Playing sports could help children in terms of delivering healthy bones, powerful lungs and stronger cardiovascular systems. Child athletes would develop motor and cognitive skills. It will then promote lifelong health. Old ones could keep bodies moving, be independent and socialize in a healthier way with others.
- Playing sports could help individuals achieve physical fitness goals associated with muscle development, weight loss and fat reduction. It might as well be associated to strengthening immune system and hormone regulation.
- Playing sports will also contribute to the mental health therefore helps with preventing depression and increasing self-esteem as well as body image. Social aspect might as well be developed like developing friendships along with teammates making you feel as part of the group. Positive mental health skills could also be learned by children. And playing sports could be a key strategy in terms of reducing stress.
- If you are to engage with different sports, different benefits will also be guaranteed. Certain sport might also provide unique benefit to a certain individual as well.
- And another great reason why sports play of great importance to one’s health is that it could encourage positive lifestyle decisions.
Indeed, sports could provide great impact in almost all aspects of one’s life. Therefore, playing sports is of great thing that should be considered by children, youth, adults, seniors or of all ages making them experience the best that sports could offer.